This seminar is given in a multimedia format with a hands-on segment showing drug administration, using real drugs, in real syringes, on simulated models. We will also have interactive audience participation (on a volunteer basis) to facilitate the learning experience. This presentation will review the prevention, preparations, recognition, and the management of medical emergencies – which can and do occur – anywhere and at anytime.
Attendees will receive a comprehensive hand-out. Individual pages within this hand-out can be used and copied for learning purposes by the doctor for his or her staff. Many doctors have benefited by bringing their dental team. Dr. Pompa incorporates an approach using a color coded system with each color depicting different emergencies. Every participant will receive these color coded guides, with algorithms depicting each condition and its suggested management.
The learner will also be shown how to create and maintain a drug emergency kit, the contents of which will be reviewed in detail.
Patterson Dental - 1881 W. State Road 8, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
April 21, 2017 (Friday) | 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
After attending this presentation, the participant will leave with considerable medical knowledge along with a simple approach that can provide life saving skills. Participants will bridge the gap between the didactic knowledge presented and the ability to manage an actual crisis. We will accomplish this by describing real emergency scenarios, and then review the recognition and management protocols for each emergency. This will be done in an open group format as case presentation discussions.
Emergencies to be covered in the following order:
- Orthostatic Hypotension
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Insulin Shock, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia
- Asthmatic Attack
- Mild Allergic Reactions
- Stroke (CVA)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Cardiac Arrest
- Dr. Pompa will give out prizes throughout the lecture for people who answer some questions correctly (5 prizes worth over $1,000)!
- Color Coded cards with easy to follow algorithms for different medical emergency scenarios
Daniel G. Pompa, DDS
“I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
- Fellow: American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow: International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Seminar Series Speaker / On-line Author / Consultant for the: American Dental Association
- Colgate Speaker: Colgate Oral Health Network for Professional Education and Development
- Visiting Speaker at:
- New York University College of Dentistry
- University of Florida College of Dentistry
- Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
- University of Maryland School of Dentistry
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- Published in "JADA"*, "Dentistry Today"* and "The Journal of New York State AGD, Winter 2014 Edition"*: "Update in Basic Physical Diagnosis"
- Inventor: U.S. Patent: 5,320,529*
- Presented over 350 Lectures Nationally and Internationally**
*All articles and patent on the website: www.APS4DDS.com
**CV posted on the website
1881 W. State Road 8
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
April 21, 2017 (Friday)
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Who should attend
General Dentists, Specialists and the Entire Dental Team. Take advantage of the Team Training Discount ($25 off every registration when two or more register at the same time). This includes specialists with referring dentists!
- Dentist Fee: $279 (Early Bird) / $329 (Regular Fee)
- Auxiliary Fee: $179 (Early Bird) / $229 (Regular Fee)
- Networking lunch included
- Team Discount Available
Courtney L. Rogers
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD expresses appreciation to Lending Club Patient Solutions and Patterson Dental for unrestricted educational grants, which helped make this course possible.